Chickweed

 Disclaimer: nothing I say here is intended as medical advice. If you have a problem seek a professional.



I made a chickweed tincture a week ago. It's fairly straightforward: freshly picked chickeweed, rinsed off and picked over. Only the best stuff goes in here! Chop it coarsely then put it in a jar and cover it with vodka. I keep it in a nice dark place for 6+ weeks then strain it.



According to drugs.com "The young shoots are edible and have been used as salad greens. In homeopathy, the plant is used to relieve rheumatic pains and psoriasis. Chickweed is noted as a folk remedy for many conditions, including asthma, blood disorders, conjunctivitis, constipation, inflammation, dyspepsia, skin ailments, and obesity."

I have it on good authority that it does work well for many of these ailments. Of course it's "folk remedies" so take it or leave it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some "Yard tea" and other things

The way of water on the rock

Where I'm heading